I need to lose 10 pounds. Times 10. OK…realistically I am going to attempt to lose between 80 and 90. But you have to reach for the moon and you still land among the stars, right? Or something like that. Motivational phrases are not my strong suit. Obviously, since those with an affinity for motivational phrases are probably motivated which generally keeps you from being 100 pounds overweight. Or so I am guessing, since I really wouldn’t know first hand.

So without a long backstory as to how I got here, I am just going to begin where I am. Which is fat. Not chubby. Not overweight. Downright fat. There I said it…now let the magic begin and the weight fall off. After all, isn’t acceptance the first step in fixing a problem?

I am blessed (read: cursed) with a super thin husband. And while I love him with all of my heart, sometimes I wish he had the urge to sit down and throw back an entire package of Oreos with me. But, alas, I eat alone. I certainly can’t blame my weight on him, but we can say that his idea of a good and tasty meal (chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes and gravy, corn on the cob slathered with butter) is not my body’s idea of health food. Don’t get me wrong…I LOVE the foods he likes. I just can’t eat them without a nasty increase in poundage. And suffice it to say that he doesn’t love veggies and low fat foods. You can see the dilemma…

This is, of course, not the first time I have been on a diet (and yes, I realize it is a “lifestyle change”, not a diet but in the end it means the same damn thing - I am freakin’ hungry!). I have tried Phen-fen (miracle in a pill except that nagging little detail of heart damage), Weight Watchers, South Beach, Atkins, the Zone…I am sure there are more, but I am getting hungry and need to go find something to eat.

So back to the beginning. Here I am. Fat. Hungry. And hoping that this is the time that I can finally fit my fat ass into the same pair of pants for more than 6 months before I explode out of them. We shall see…

BTW, did I mention that I HATE to exercise. Yeah, that helps the situation…


    One Response

  • Debi

    Dammit woman! What are trying to do here? Motivate me or something?!! Amazing how much of that I could have written myself. *sigh*

    Okay, this is it. I’m hopping on board with you. I really am. (The “I really am” was more directed at the part of brain that’s screaming, “What the hell are you talking about?!!” than at you who may or may not be shaking your head in disbelief at this drastic proclamation.)

    Hmmm…and I should probably go read the rest of your posts before jumping on the bandwagon, but hey, nothing ventured, nothing gained. Or something like that…I’m obviously not so good with those motivational phrases either.