Friday, February 5, 2010

Sanity returns

I think I am back in a more balanced state of mind. I must say that the emotional purge did seem to do me some good. I shed lots of tears, had a good friend verbally pick me up and dust me off (thanks Debi!) and I seem to be better for it. Somehow stepping away from the pantry late last night was a little easier than it has been before and picking out clothes to wear was a little less anxiety inducing. I think it was good for me to admit out loud that I am full of faults and flaws and insecurities that do affect the way I function in my daily life. I had to be very emotionally self-reliant as a kid and in a lot of ways it made me a much stronger adult and gave me courage to do things I may not have been able to do otherwise. But it left me at a disadvantage in other ways, and that is OK. I will work through it. And I am looking forward to seeing what life looks like on the other side.

1 comment:

  1. You will work through, Kara. Of that I've not a single, solitary doubt! Love you, my beautiful, beautiful friend.

    ReplyDelete